- Evaluate and provide reasonable assurance that risk management, control and governance systems are functioning as intended and will enable the PCGC objectives.
- Report risk management issues and internal control deficiencies identified and provide recommendations for improving operations, in terms of both efficient and effective performance.
- Ensure that significant financial, managerial and operating information is accurate, reliable, and timely.
- Ensure that employees’ actions are in compliance with policies, standards, procedures and applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure that resources are acquired economically, used efficiently and adequately protected.
- Ensure that quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the control process.
- Maintain awareness of significant legislative, compliance and regulatory issues that could impact the program and provide timely recommendations for action.
- Develop a flexible annual audit plan using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by management.
- Evaluate procedures for documenting and communicating key financial and administrative policies and procedures.
- Evaluate key systems for effective internal checks and procedures for safeguarding PCGC assets.
- Maintain a record of the organizational structure, job descriptions and authorization limits etc. to verify authenticity of transactions.
- Assess adequacy of appropriate controls on collection, storage and access to important financial data and sensitive information.
- Plan and carry out final audit procedures to measure performance against budgets, plans, policies and standard procedures.
- Implement the annual audit plan, including any special tasks or projects requested by management.
- Perform consulting services, beyond assurance services, to assist management in meeting its objectives. Examples may include facilitation, process design, training, system documentation and advisory services.
- Evaluate and assess significant merging/consolidating functions and new or changing services, processes, operations and control processes with their development, implementation, and/or expansion.
- Identify key policies and procedures for all major objectives relating to financial and administrative matters.
- Issues periodic reports to the CEO summarizing results of audit activities.