||Compliance and Legal
||Based on prior experience
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations and instructions.
- Develop end-to-end compliance programs and all allied policies, procedures, methods, tools etc. in the light of SBP and SECP guidelines and ensure/monitor/oversee their entity-wide implementation.
- Determine the resources required for compliance functions to carry out all its roles and responsibilities (as given in SBP guidelines) professionally and of desired quality.
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program, and seek to inculcate a conducive compliance/risk culture in the company.
- Provide summary data and report findings on compliance issues to the board or its sub-committee and Compliance Committee of Management (CCM) on periodic basis.
- Report to the board/board sub-committee promptly on any material incidents of non-compliance.
- Liaise with SBP and serve as focal person on all matters pertaining to the company.
- Ensure that regulatory enforcement actions are implemented in letter and in spirit within given time frame and in manner as prescribed by the regulatory authority.
- Establish a close working relationship with all key executives of the company to facilitate effective implementation of the company’s compliance program.
- Formulate a comprehensive procedural manuals; develop required systems, tools/methods; design compatible processes, and ensure that these are reviewed periodically;
- Ensure that guidance and vision provided by the board and senior management are effectively translated into operational goals/activities/plans to institute an effective compliance culture in the company that promotes and encourages identification and flagging of non-compliance events without any fear of negative consequences.
- Assist the board/the board sub-committee and CCM in monitoring the entity-wide implementation of compliance program and the level of compliance risk that the company is faced with at any given point in time.
- Maintain robust systems and procedures to carry out AML & CFT related responsibilities as stipulated in relevant SBP instructions as issued from time to time.
- Organize its activities in a way that the approved compliance program is rolled out seamlessly and successfully across the organization and it covers all business segments & areas, functions.